Success at last! For weeks I have been looking for a quality journaling book made in
Another great find: colorful organizing folders with a flap and cord, made in USA by SMEAD, available at Office Depot. I confess I thought SMEAD was some version of MEAD, but according to the company website, SMEAD is a privately held woman-owned business headquartered in Hastings, MN. They have 15 manufacturing plants, including 8 in the U.S., one in Mexico, and 7 in Europe.
The results of my All-American back-to-school shopping for the kids:
- Alore shirts from zebulonUSA
- Columbia Knit rugby shirts
- PointerBrand jeans and camouflage pants (lots of these!)
- Fleece Farm sweats and long-sleeved tees
- Campmor for Polartec fleece jackets
- Drifterbag brand backpack, from BuyAmerican.com
So, it really IS possible to buy American! Keep the faith.